National Insurance / Bituach Leumi
A personal pin number (Kod Ishi) is necessary for all personal requests on the telephone. (If you don't have one, you can request one, and it will be sent to you by mail.)
Phone Hours: Sun-Thurs 8am-3pm
Fax number: 624-5898
Kitzvat Yeladim fax: 675-5657
Hours For All Branches (excluding Beitar):
Sun, Tues, Thurs: 8am -12:30 pm,
Mon & Wed: 3:00 pm-5:00 pm - for some departments only
Note: Registration with student visas can only be done morning hours.
Main office: Shimon ben Shetach 4 (off Rechov Yaffo) 675-5555
Kitzvat Yeladim, Maanak Leida: Ben Sira 20
Monday 8am-2 pm
Electronic phone service: 08-936-9696
12 Aranovich, Tel: 03-615-2999
Avnei Nezer 46
15 Chashmonaim, Tel: 03-675-1234
About Bituach Leumi
Bituach Leumi is the Israeli National Insurance. It pays for Kupat Cholim, hospital stays during birth, gives Ma’anak Leida, provides Kitzvat Yeladim, and unemployment
Only tourists who are students (i.e. learning in a yeshiva or school) with an A1 or A2 visa, or an A4-A5 (ie. spouse or child of a student) when accompanying someone with an A1 or A2 visa, can get on to Bituach Leumi. In order to get on to Bituach Leumi, you must be living in Israel for 183 days (they do not have to be consecutive) within one year of the day you received your visa.
What is needed to get on to Bituach Leumi:
1. Passports of each family member.
2. 2 copies of the front page of each family member’s passport.
3. 2 copies of a letter from yeshiva/school which states s/he is a student there (if relevant)
4. 2 copies of your Chozeh (legal rental/purchase contract) valid for a year. Include the Teudat Zehut (ID) number of your landlord.
5. 2 copies of Valid visas for each family member. (A1, A2 or A4, NOT a Tourist Visa)
6. Original page of entries and exits to the country (Daf Knisot V’Yitziyot) of both parents from Misrad Hapnim.
Note: You can stop by at Misrad Hapnim on the way to Bituach Leumi, as it is around the
corner. Get a number at the main desk in Misrad Hapnim on the second floor and wait
in the big room to your left. When it is your turn, you will present your passport and will
receive the Daf Knisot V’yitziyot. They will only issue one for each family member that
arrives in person. (Going earlier on in the day may help you avoid a longer wait.)
7. 2 copies of marriage certificate.
8. Color passport pictures of family members over the age of 18.
9. Completed form which is received at Bituach Leumi. You need one for each family member and a copy of it. Make sure that where asked for reason that you're in the country, you write that you want to live Megurei Keva (Permanent Residence) in Israel.
Note: there is a copy machine in the building. The cost is 30 agurot per copy.
When registering for the first time, the husband must personally go down to the office. (He can represent the rest of the family.)
It can take up to two months to be processed, after which you will receive Bituach Leumi cards in the mail. You may be billed retroactively for all the time since you had appropriate visas. If you were paying for Kupat Cholim privately in the interim, you can send a request to Bituach Leumi to receive credit for that time. (Include original receipts of Kupat Cholim payment.)
Note: Being registered does not help for children born afterward, unless they have a Teudat Zehut. They must subsequently be registered for themselves. To do this only one parent needs to be present .